SPES program announcement
Posted: 23-Jan-2011 / 5 years 31 weeks ago
The City Government of Baguio through the Public Employment Service Office (PESO) wishes to announce the commencement of registrations for qualified students who wish to avail of the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) Program for the year 2011. The SPES Program, as provided for by R.A. 7323, and as amended by RA 9547, wishes to help poor but deserving students finish their studies by giving them employment opportunities during their school breaks.
The Registration Period shall begin at 8:30 a.m. of January 24, 2011 up to 5:00 pm of March 9, 2011.Interested applicants who wish to avail of the program must register personally at the PESO, located at the 2nd Floor, Baguio City Hall, (near the Vice-Mayor’s and Legal Offices,) from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mondays thru Fridays.
Interested applicants must possess the following qualifications:
1. they must be bona-fide Baguio residents
2. they must be physically-fit
3. they must be 15-25 years old
4. they must be currently enrolled, or, be students who have not been able to enroll for the past semester/ academic year but intend to enroll this coming semester/ academic year
5. they must have garnered an average passing grade during the last school term attended
6. they must belong to families whose parents’ or guardians’ joint incomes, including his own, if any, do not exceed P117,318.00 per year after tax deductions (as per amendments contained in RA 9547.)
Registrants must bring the following documents with them:
1. original copy of Birth Certificate
2. original copy of parents’ or guardians’ most recent Income Tax Return forms; or if parents or guardians are exempt from paying taxes, then the original copy of a Certificate of Tax Exemption issued by the BIR must be presented.
Former SPES grantees who wish to avail of the program again must also register personally at the PESO during the specified Registration Period and bring their 2010 SPES IDs.
Now in its 19th year of implementation, the program has traditionally been implemented by the City of Baguio during the longer summer break to give the students a chance to earn more. Under the program, 60% of grantees’ salaries shall be provided by the City Government as the employer, with the remaining 40%provided by the National Government through the Dept. of Labor and Employment. The City has allocated P1.2 million pesos which shall benefit some 300 deserving high school/ college students this year.